Monday, April 19, 2010

Books...

I bought about 8 books since late last year and I only finished one. Yes, you read right, just one book.

I love books, I love reading novels and stories, it gives me more idea about how to write and gives me different views about life. Some people say that reading books will not teach you different things about life and it'll only make you bookish. However, for me books are like maps, they teach you the right way when you get a little lost.

Well, maybe because some of those people don't like to read and makes them say such a thing.

The latest books I bought were titled: "Dear John" by: Nicholas Sparks, its was made into a movie which I prefer to read first because books explains the characters feelings and I have a huge and strong imagination. Second book is titled: " Love the One You're With" by: Emily Giffin, I was captured by this book's title so I bought it. I would really love to read my books and not just stack them in my little table of books. I would love to spend a day with each book and be happy about reading it.

I cannot keep myself away from bookstores that often call my name and tell me things like: "we have a new book by your favorite author or don't you love the smell of new books on the racks?" yeah, I am addicted to books but I just don't buy them to make me feel good, I buy them to read and make me feel good. There's a difference between the two. =)

Work is really occupying most of my time now, but a little time for my books won't hurt right? *urgh* tell that to my workaholic self... yes, I am a certified workaholic, I just finished working on some web content writing and it's almost 5am here, I feel bad because my family is sleeping sweetly when here I am just finished work...

I am still thankful though, working is like my own personal brand of heroin (though I never had the intention of using one). =)

My dad is going to be home this week. I'm not walking on the same pace with him this past few months, maybe its because I am such a bad daughter or maybe he just can't really understand me or the other way around. At least I'm not denying I've been a little pain on my dad's behind... I used to be a papa's girl and I turned out to be a mama's girl now. hahaha. =) I love my parents and my older brother who acts younger than I am... kiddin'

I pray for a good health and no sleepy head moments for me for this week's work. I have a new job and a potential new one, I hope so... Well, I love my oDesk Life and I'm going to work hard as everybody does. =)

But for now, I'm going to sleep and I'm sure it'll be long hours of sleep for me, I need to make up for some sleepless nights from the past few days and health is also important. =)

Cecille here now blogging off... =)

No comments: