Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Photo-Essay for Life Force Magazine

I saw this photo-essay thing on Life Force Magazine and found out that these photographs being send by other photographers from all parts of the globe help loads of people through the charities they support. =)

I have always been wanting to help others, it would be one dream come true for me if I get to help less fortunate people around me through the means I know. I love photography and how it helps me see the beauty of every single being in this world.

I have been wanting to send Life Force Magazine's Editor about how I want to send an entry for their photo-essay and last night, I did! The first step that i did was to post a photo that I took from our Fort Santiago Photowalk weeks ago and then I e-mailed the editor and I was glad that I immediately receive a response. =)

This is the photo I send them:


I told the editor in my mail that I wanted to take pictures of how Filipinos celebrate the Lenten Season, commonly known as the Holy Week here in PH. =) The editor said that they liked my photo. =) and they will require me to send them 10 shots and if they liked it, they'll ask for more pictures that will complete my photo-essay ala "Holy Week in the Philippines"

I am really excited about this and I will start shooting in Quiapo today, I'll be going there in a few minutes with my family who supports me through and through. When I got the reply this early morning, I immediately inform my family and friends about it and I would like to thank them for backing me up on this.

I will personally thank my Mama, my cousins and my good friends: Lan, Edil, D, Kuya Ric, Ate Shy and everyone for the encouragement and for believing in the little and simple things I can do for others. =) Also, for the Editor of Life Force Magazine, thanks for the appreciation. I will give my very best for this. =)

Thanks and Super Hugs for everyone!

Also, Thank God for this opportunity and for the blessings. =D

2 comments:

Edil said...

I saw their month's photo essays. I think you can beat them! It would be a blessing for you and especially for others! :)

Kring said...

Thanks Lovelyness. =) I do hope the people from Life Force Magazine will like the photos I'll send them. I haven't taken some really good shots lately, I can't seem to find good once here in manila. Thanks! See you soon. =)