Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Blurry Nikon D3000 Viewfinder's Epic Failure

Scenario: I asked Melvin to please set my Nikon D3000 (which I named Marley) on his tripod as I wanted to take a shot of the wine glasses on the bar of the Cong's Balay Restaurant and I didn't bring my pod because I am so darn lazy. =P Melvin set up my camera and when I asked him to take the shot for me because the pod was too high for my line of sight and I can't take a look at my view finder as I was not given a perfect 5'7 height, he suddenly and puzzledly blurted out:

Melvin: "Ces, why is it that your camera is a little blurry?" *puzzled expression on his face*
Me: "Huh? No, my viewfinder is just fine... try to focus it on something and it'll get clear" *now I am nervous*
Melvin: "Really, your camera is blurry"

Now Melvin asked my friend Jeck:

Melvin: "Jeck, try to take a look at Cecille's camera for yourself because maybe it's just my eyes that's unclear."
Cecille: "Hey, my camera is just fine!" *me hiding my confusion*
Jeck: "Okay, I'll take a look"

Then after Jeck took a look at my viewfinder:

Jeck: "Your camera is really blurred..." *I know, they are now both serious about this issue and I am very nervous*
Melvin: "Maybe you didn't adjust your diopter"
Jeck: "Yeah, maybe your diopter doesn't have the right setting" *me even more confused, I don't even know what a diopter is*
Me: "Huh? I don't even know what's a diopter, what is it anyway?" *looking from Melvin to Jeck and Jeck to Melvin*

Melvin then adjust something in the side of my viewfinder and take another look at my viewfinder:

Melvin: "There! It's now very clear!" *he is now about to laugh and I am now seeing myself looking like a stupid fool.*

Jeck took a look himself and:

Jeck: "Ces, now your camera is very clear!" *I know that look on Jeck's face he is definitely and 110 percent super mega over laughing inside!!! and I know he's just too kind to tell me:*

"Ces, You're really stupid!" =D

So, I take a look at my viewfinder... and guess what I said:

Me: "WOW!!!! It's sooooo SUUUUPPPPPEEERRRRR CLEAR!!! It's like I am looking through a magnifying glass!!!" *but what I'm trying to really say is looking through a microscope*

And I am not satisfied, I took a look again and gosh, it is really a 100 percent super clear! =D

Melvin: "Ces, read your manual" *I know he's mocking me already* =P

I really did read my manual, from the first page to the last but I never recalled ever reading about the Prince Charming Diopter... Really. =D

Melvin: "How where you able to take decent shots from before?"
Me: "Talent" =P

Hahaha! If not for the two of these men, I will never know that my Nikon D3000 (Marley) and my eyes can be enhanced and can even be better than my 20/20 vision eye sight! =D

Hahaha!!!!

That was the story of the Mysterious Blurry Nikon. =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was lifesaving.. mine was doing the same thing i had no idea what to do until you said the thing on the side of the viewfinder.. thank you so much!

Kring said...

You're very much welcome. =) It's good know that my post helped you with your viewfinder dilemma. =)